Thursday, December 18, 2008

blind date

I finally went on the blind date that a co-worker set me up on this past weekend. And...surprisingly...it went very well. The attraction seemed mutual and we both enjoyed each other's company.

But you know how I am. Part of me wants to be giddy and share every detail, but--simply put--I'm scared. He seems really great and definitely gentlemanly. A little odd, but in the refreshing way that fits my own quirkiness. I know this is getting a little ahead of myself, but I'm scared of falling for him and I'm scared of what might happen if things did lead to love.

This last guy I talked about made me feel special, too. I know I tried to overlook some of the things he did, like how he seemed to ignore or forget that certain things made me extremely uncomfortable. And look now, he disappears because I wouldn't give him my address. Weird? I can't forget B either. I was with him and while I can't say that he ever really mistreated me, there were flaws and disagreements that I now know I compromised on or pushed aside. How do I know this guy isn't going to be some joke as well or that I won't make the same dire compromises and mistakes again?

When we were lying in bed (clothed...he didn't get that lucky) he commented that my guard was up and he could tell because he has done that himself. It comes off as quite the line, but I wonder if it's true. I didn't tell him that he was right. Now I wonder if he'll sincerely care enough to take the time to get past my guard.
I kind of hope he does...

No comments: